It is not possible to understand your soul or your higher self or your intuition without coming to terms with the existence of nonphysical reality. ~ Gary Zukav
This is a place for us to explore dreams and what they mean, to unlock the big ‘ole door to our deeper selves.
Here you will not find a “dream dictionary”, but you will get a wealth of information and meaning for the symbolic messages that are your dreams or visions. It is my vision to assist you to bring forth the gifts of your sleeping self into the waking world.
No man is an island, but we ARE like icebergs…
Your unconscious mind is a well of memories – every experience, belief, and desire is hidden there. Like the tip of the iceberg, the conscious mind that you experience as ‘thinking’ is just a small part of your mind.
“Nah mate, you’re dreamin’!”
I have a special place in my heart for skeptics and naysayer’s. They question things, which I like to a point because they remind me of…well, me! But often they don’t take time to actually do their research before they write things off. So although I am a pretty grounded person, I fully and wholeheartedly admit to being a total dreamer! It is absolutely necessary for me, to have a rich inner life, to tap the huge potential that is my ‘imagination’.
But I want it to be relevant, useful and a tool I can use in life, hence my aspiring to be a ‘real dreamer’.
Solve problems while you sleep!
When I was first given my set of Stones for Hot Stone Massage, I looked online at heaters for them. Well to me they looked like highly overpriced rice cookers, so I started to look at those too and yes they were much cheaper. But something held me back, it didn’t feel quite right…and then one night I dreamed I was cooking bacon, in water, in a really nice black electric frypan with a glass lid. I remember sort of laughing cos that’s silly, you don’t cook bacon in water! But when I woke up, I thought “but you do heat the stones in water!” and I went online again, found one on special in Nelson, where my son happened to be with friends that day. (it’s a 90 min drive away over the big Takaka hill) I called him and said “can you ask if they would take you to Briscoes so you can get this pan for me?” ….and he said
“we are parked outside Briscoes now!!” and walked in and got it for me then and there.
So on the same morning I dreamed my solution, everything lined up to get it to me on the same day! But the best thing is that this heater just works way better than the usual ones would for me, because it’s flat, so I can lay all the stones out and they are so much easier to get out. So I got what I needed even though I never consciously knew what that was.
So ‘who’ did?!
I did! Not small, conscious mind, ‘tip of the iceberg’ me, but the larger me – my deep self, my subconscious or unconscious mind, the part of us that we tap into if we can get our conscious mind to shut up! There are ways to do that while awake, like meditation or other relaxation/visualization techniques, but what about tapping into the process that all of us do naturally everyday?
Start talking to yourself!
One of the ways your unconscious mind has to talk to you is through dreaming, and that’s what “The Real Dreamer” is here to help you with, decoding the messages that come from your dreams.
Dreams can be unsettling, confusing, wonderful, illogical, or just plain silly! How are we to know which ones to pay attention to?
Mining the dirt to find the gold
I’ve always been a dreamer. I dream every night save very occasionally, and I’ve learnt to FEEL the difference in tone between different levels of dream.
- Some dreams are obviously just the natural process of sifting through the days events and discarding unnecessary ‘stuff’
- Some are memories resurfacing in a way that offers me a new perspective of the past
- I wake up feeling like I just went to ‘universal school’ and I’ve been busy learning all night!
- Similar dreams that feel like I’ve been busy traveling ‘out of body’, adventuring or helping other people all night…
- Occasionally I’m lucky enough to have a lucid dream, where I realize I’m dreaming, and in that instance I always choose to go flying! (though I’d like to explore other choices in the future)
- Real special ones, more like ‘going home’ in a more spiritual sense. In those moments it is bliss, joy and an amazing feeling of understanding the big picture and a beautiful sense of acceptance. Oh for more of these!!!
How you can do it too…
- Get a dream journal for writing dreams down, even if you swear that you haven’t ever remembered a dream yet, ever. Really. Just get one, and put it next to your bed with a pen.
- Get a dream journal…oh wait, I said that one, but I’m saying it again! You do it because you’re giving a message to your subconscious that you’re now receptive and ready to listen.
- Have a clear out in your bedroom. Make your sleeping space dedicated to sleeping (aside from the other obvious very important bedroom activities!) Having piles of work in your bedroom does not help you sleep.
- Learn a really simple relaxation technique. Do it when you get into bed and are ready for sleep.
- Be asleep by 10pm-11pm. Your natural biorhythms are tuned to processing the days events so you can integrate them before the next day. If you don’t get enough sleep you’re not only tired physically, you just literally ‘never catch up with yourself’. (I balance this in BodyTalk sessions quite a bit, more and more often actually, as we are just having so much happen at a fast pace and need integration more than ever before)
I hope you find this helpful, and if you want to share your dreams and have help understanding what they mean then contact me for a session. I use my years of experience in symbolism and my MindScape skills to help you reveal what your dreams are trying to tell you. Email me now at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As soon as you wake up, write down ANYTHING that you feel or remember, without editing or trying to write ‘properly’…
- I saw a duck, I shot at it and missed
- I remember feeling sad, don’t know what about
- My mum was saying wake up, and I woke up
- 2 people fought over a burning candle and it broke in 10 pieces and 6 of those caught alight again
- I gave birth to a bird, it was a beautiful blue color
What to do if Dream-speak is like Chinese to you, and you’re French….
Dreams are symbolic. Symbols have meanings, and the meaning varies from person to person, dreamer to dreamer. That’s why I think dream dictionaries are of limited value – they are a starting point with some really useful interpretations but they don’t necessarily help you understand YOU.
2 key points to dream interpretation
when you get the understanding you are meant to from a powerful dream, you will KNOW. It will RESONATE with you, and you will have a sense of ‘aha’ that just feels right.
You might get that understanding from further clues while you’re awake – your friend says something, or you get a phone call from someone you dreamed about, or you tell someone else your dream but you tell it in a way that suddenly makes you go “oh wow, did you hear what I just said?” You’re watching the news, and there’s an event that triggers your dream memory, and so on. Life synchronistically brings you information that helps to fill in your picture
The thing is that you have a relationship with everything. You can read more about is HERE (link to Bt and the environment post)